Friday, November 27, 2009

One reason why I love traveling...

...are the awesome fools you meet on the road.

After 3 solid weeks of seeing sights, climbing mountains, and trekking on glaciers, I´ve just been bumming around with people that I´ve met here and there the last 4 days. Translate: drinking copiously each day and everyday. The funny thing about traveling in a country is that you tend to run into a few people time and time again. And when you´re traveling alone, you make friends instantaneously. And for some reason, I kept meeting loads of irish folk (which explains the copious drinking and why we got along so well. lol). I had by far the best 5 hour delay in an airport I´ve ever had. Imagine what you´d get when you put 4 irish, an american, and an english gal together...too much fun, I say.

I ended up traveling with an irish couple (as a ¨stray¨ :p) for the rest of the week to a little town called Bariloche. The game plan was to go go go, but ended up sticking around for Thanksgiving (which ended up being a meal of potatoes and steak) since I couldn´t give up being around fabulous fellow travellers! It was a treat considering I got a little depressed reading everyone´s thanksgiving plans on FB and I thought I was going to be alone on the road. So yay! Happy thanksgiving everyone!

And now two towns later, I made it all the way up the Santiago Chile. Not much to report. Since my new job starts in a couple days, I figure I´d just kick back and relax in the small time I have left here. I´ll consider this a vacation from my vacation since as you all know, cc does not relax much on vacations!